WISHES FROM LEW NORGARB
I'd like to take this opportunity to recap on what happened this year in and around our Village:
- We bid farewell to renowned Authentic Thai Cuisine Restaurant Thai World and welcomed the new trendy fine wine and dine restaurant Sea Grill 2nd Ave by La Boheme.
-The Kenilworth Booms made headlines with residents having mixed feelings about whether the booms should be fixed and operating properly or stay open.
- Once again, the annual Harfield Village Carnival was a highlight event for 2019 which showcased everything from delicious eats and craft beer to home décor, art, clothing and live music.
- In defiance of the gloomy recession, Norgarb Properties sold a whopping 6 properties in 5 weeks.
-The new Deli Café popped up on 2nd Avenue, offering a juice bar, fresh veggies market days and wine tasting evenings.
- Amongst all the events to celebrate, we remember Uyinene Mrwetyana who tragically lost her life at the Clareinch Post Office. Many residents paid their respects by taking part in marches all around the neighbourhood.
- We waved good-bye to the cute and renowned Norgarb Properties Tuk-Tuks! It was fun, but it was time to go. They will surely be missed, but we look forward to seeing them being famous as they head into the movie industry.
No doubt, Harfield Village is still a buzzing community of vibey businesses and restaurants and family-friendly streets.
To end off this year, I would like to express my sincere appreciation and gratitude to:
- Our 6,000+ readers. We wouldn't be able to provide bumper edition newsletters if we did not have your participation and feedback.
- Our Article Contributors who provide us with inspiring newsworthy articles and great tips every month. We value your collective and respective wisdom sharing.
- Local Businesses, you are all amazing! We are all about keeping it local - Our readers have thoroughly enjoyed your prizes and special offers throughout the year. May all your efforts in business gain even more success and recognition in the New Year!
-The HVA, (Harfield Village Association), FOHP (Friends Of Harfield Parks) and HVCID (Harfield Village CID). Your pivotal role in Harfield Village does not go unnoticed. Thank you for your efforts in trying to improve safety in our Village, to keep it organised and greener and making it a welcoming place that we can call home. On behalf of the entire business and residential community, we thank you and your teams for your dedicated effort and hard work throughout the year.
- Lyn Staples and Andre Ter Morshuizen from Norgarb Properties who spend time submitting recipes and DIY or handy tips each month. Our readers certainly look forward to your columns and really enjoy it.
- Symantha, our producer of our monthly newsletter. On behalf of all our readers and Norgarb Properties, we sincerely thank you and are grateful for your immense efforts to bring us this mailer every month.
From the Norgarb Properties Team, we wish all our loyal customers and readers a wonderful festive season. May your travels be safe and the time spent with your loved ones, enjoyable. Thank you for a fantastic year.
This website, associated newsletter and Facebook page are privately owned and operated. We are independent of the Harfield Village Association (HVA) and any other groups or organizations. All data collected is owned by Norgarb Properties.
We are sponsored by NORGARB PROPERTIES who consistently put back generously into the local community. Other such initiatives sponsored by Norgarb are the annual street carnival, fun map of the area, monthly newsletters and regular Facebook posts. They are now in the process of introducing a free delivery/ lift service in their fun tuk tuk's (AKA Indian taxi's).
This site serves to do the following:
• Keep locals up to speed with news and events
• Offer a quick way to find a business/restaurant/service in the area
• Promote and support the local business community and services
• Educate visitors about the area, including the fascinating history thereof
• Promote the village as a destination
We also offer and encourage the use of:
• Monthly Newsletters (6000 + subscribers). Click here to subscribe or here to see previous mailers
• Our Community Facebook page
• Advertising on our business directory pages (FREE) *sponsor a prize for our monthly lucky draw
• Advertising on our various additional platforms. Click here to read more
• The downloading and use of the VoiceMap tour of Harfield Village. Read more here.